To receive a certificate, please click on the name of the lecture/speaker you attended and complete a short evaluation.
Although this was a free conference, the Zoom platform was a little pricey, and was paid for by Dr. Lubbers. If you enjoyed or benefited from the conference and would like to contribute, there’s a gofundme page!
Thank you for attending CONED-19!
- Identify how your actions will bolster the culture of safety in your workplace
- Apply self ownership to improve your satisfaction in work, as well as improving crew resource management on high stress scenes.
- Review ECG Basics
- Review Basic Interpretation
- Examine how toxic ingestions effect ECGs
- Understand the critical importance of EMS in the acute recognition and treatment of severe stroke
- Explore current and future innovations in prehospital stroke care for patients with severe stroke
- Discuss systems implications for prehospital screening for patients with acute severe stroke
- Understand the pathophysiology of a concussion
- Explain treatment for the patient who sustained a concussion
- Describe current recommendations for return to play
- Know how to recreate safely and know what to do if you or someone is bitten
- Understand how care in the pre-hospital setting can help after arrival to the hospital
- I want to briefly review how assessments for treatments are made
- Relate quantity and quality of sleep to potential comorbid diseases and disorders.
- Understand relationship between fatigue and negative on the job repercussions such as traffic accidents and clinical errors.
- Employ tools personally and professionally to improve quantity and quality of sleep to counter fatigue and disease.
- Describe 10 steps to improve OHCA
- Explain how the Resuscitation Academy Foundation network provides information and support for communities wishing to improve OHCA survival.
- Compare and contrast STEMI, ischemic stroke, and trauma with regard to: ability to prehospitally diagnose, pathophysiology, and time-dependence of definitive treatment.
- Identify a population of rural ischemic stroke and STEMI patients who may benefit from GEMS activation of HEMS, and conversely, which rural stroke and STEMI patients are *unlikely* to benefit from HEMS.
- Discuss why bringing a witness to the HEMS LZ, or to the receiving hospital, can be so valuable in the management of the ischemic stroke patient.
- Appreciate the challenges associated with post resuscitation care.
- Learn how to optimize a cardiac arrest patient’s odds of survival after a return of spontaneous circulation.
- Develop an organized and checklisted approach to post resuscitation care to ensure that best practices are implemented consistently.
- Define mean systemic filling pressure.
- Identify pharmacological and physiological modifications to venous return.
- Evaluate modifications to anesthesia dosing in low-flow states